WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT FOR YOUR EYES THAT YOU CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR GLASSES?Health / Lenses
WE SEE THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY IF WE KEEP OUR GLASSES CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF THEM. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE FREQUENTLY CLEAN THEM THE RIGHT WAY, WHILE ALSO KEEPING THEM CENTERED AND ADJUSTED IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE BEST VISION QUALITY AND PROLONGE THEIR LIFESPAN
There is little benefit in having a good pair of glasses that are well graduated and have a beautiful frame if we later use them dirty, with the lenses scratched or have them completely off center.
This is a problem that is seen daily in optical stores, and it affects our vision more than we think.
HOW SHOULD WE CLEAN THE LENSES OF OUR GLASSES?
- In my opinion, the best way to keep your glasses in top shape is by using water and hand soap. First, you rinse your glasses under the sink with low pressure water. Then you gently rub some soap on both faces of the lenses with the tips of your fingers, and once again rinse them. Finally, they should be dried with soft toilet paper or a stich less tissue. We must make sure that the glasses are well dried, especially on metallic parts, like the hinges or the screws, to avoid them rusting, or getting stuck. This is the only recommended method when there is sand or dirt stuck to the lenses or frame; any other method will irreversibly scratch them.
OTHER WAYS TO CLEAN GLASSES
Since we do not always have time or water on hand, there are other ways that work well, so long as there is no dirt or sand stuck to the lenses.
- Using the microfiber tissue that should have come with the glasses. You can even clean this tissue in a washer. Before using it, make sure that it is clean to avoid the opposite effect.
- Using specific sprays that wet and facilitates the cleaning of the lenses, which also fogs them less due to an antifogging agent they have.
- Specific moist towelettes sold at optic stores. They possess the same function as a spray and a microfiber tissue combined. Because they are disposable, they are always in perfect condition. The downside to that, however, is that they are more expensive.
- Ultrasound cleaning apparatuses that work perfectly, and can also be used for watches and some types of jewelry.
- It’s best to avoid abrasive products like Fairy or any similar ones since they can alter the treatments the lenses have.
- Pay close attention to caring for any sort of sport glasses. They must be well taken care of since they are very delicate.
HOW SHOULD I HOLD MY GLASSES WHILE CLEANING THEM?
I advise you to hold the ring of the lens that you are cleaning because if you hold the ring of one lens, and you clean the other, you will create more tension on the bridge of the frame, and that could lead to you eventually breaking your glasses.
In the case of frameless glasses, not only can you break the bridge, but you could also easily break the lens, so it is best that you get used to cleaning your glasses the way I advised so that when you have beautiful but delicate glasses, you’ll have learned the proper habit and avoid any headaches.
MORE ADIVCE ON CARING FOR YOUR GLASSES
- Don’t press the glasses on any support surface (have the lenses touch the surface)
- Always avoid extreme heat that could deteriorate the prescription of the lens and even deform the frame. This includes leaving your glasses on the dashboard of your car in the sun, on top of a radiator, etc.
- If you notice that the rods are really tight, there is a real risk that they could break. It is far more dangerous for the hinges of the rods to be too tight than too loose. If they are too tight, you could try putting a drop of sewing machine oil on the hinge of the affected rod and that will surely fix the problem.
Finally, we recommend that you always consult your trusted optics store when you notice that your glasses are not adjusted right, since, other than keeping them clean, we need to keep the glasses well-adjusted so that the lenses optical center is in the right place to insure the best visual quality.
The adjustment of your glasses becomes more important if you use progressive lenses or if you have a high graduation of myopia, farsightedness or astigmatism.
I also recommend that you use lenses treated with anti-reflective, anti-scratching and hydrophobic technology in order to improve the cleaning process of your lenses.
Credits: www.cuidatuvision.comMe gusta esta entrada